Last updated July 26, 2021
PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO SECTION 10 REGARDING BINDING ARBITRATION AND WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION, WHICH WILL AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN US.
- Your Account. Before you can purchase and stream Services you need to create an account. You must be at least eighteen years old to create an account. If we become aware that you have created an account and you are younger than the required age, we will terminate your account. To create an account, you will need to provide a login name (which need not be your actual name), your email address and a password. You must keep your password safe and not share it. If you believe someone else is using your account, contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
You may not transfer your account to anyone else or use someone else’s account. If your account has no activity for an extended period, we reserve the right to close it.
You can terminate your account at any time by sending a request to [email protected].
- Service Access and License Grants.
- Online Content. Online Content may include the following items:
- a streaming audio / video presentation;
- Downloadable files (PDF, Powerpoint, text, images)
- a Certificate (pdf file).
- License Grants. We grant you the following limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable license rights when you purchase access to online content:
- You may stream the audio / video file on your smartphone or any other device for your own personal use; however, the audio / video file itself cannot be recorded, transferred or forwarded to anyone for any other use. You will have access to the audio / video stream for as long as it remains available on the Site, which will be for at least one year after you purchase the access to online content or until we cease using our current audio / video streaming platform. If we cease using our current platform you may no longer have access to the audio / video file. However, we may, in our discretion, provide you with access to another platform or permit you to download the audio / video files for the access to online content you have purchased.
- You may print paper copies of the Certificate for yourself. You may also print up to ten paper copies of the Sharing Guide for your team members at work. If you require more than ten team member copies, please contact [email protected] for an enterprise license. You may also print paper copies of the Sharing Guide for use with your family and friends at home.
- You may print a paper copy of the Certificate for yourself.
- If you purchase Learning Content as a gift for another person, you may forward the access code to the gift recipient, who will then have one year from the date of purchase or until we cease using our current audio / video streaming platform to listen to the audio / video stream and to download the PDF, Sharing Guide and Certificate in the manner described in Sections 4.2.1 through 4.2.3 above. Gifts are not refundable and may not be exchanged by the recipient.
- If you purchase a course that includes a certification component, you may make copies of the included certification tools and content and provide the copies only to persons to whom you personally provide training, consulting or coaching services. However, you may not use such tools and content to certify any other person (with or without charge).
The foregoing license grants are personal to you, and you may not sell, lease, display, distribute, perform, publish, reproduce modify or use the Site or Services for any commercial or other purposes than those described above.
- Service Content. The content of the Services has been created by independent authors and not by us.
WE DO NOT REVIEW OR EDIT THE COURSES FOR ACCURACY OR CORRECTNESS, AND WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE IN ANY MANNER THE RELIABILITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, TRUTHFULNESS OR RESULTS OF ANY SERVICE. We do not hold ourselves out as experts or professionals in any topics covered by Services and you rely on any information included in a Service at your own risk.
When using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We undertaker no responsibility to prevent such exposure, and we disclaim liability for your access to the Services to the full extent permissible under applicable law.
- Services Modifications. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any Service with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of a Service. We have no obligation to maintain your account for any period of time.
- Payments. At the time you purchase a Service, you will be required to provide us or our payment processor with information regarding your credit card. You represent and warrant to us that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the credit card. You hereby authorize us to bill your credit card for the Services you purchase, and you further agree to pay any charges so incurred. If you dispute any charges you must let us know within sixty (60) days after the date that we charge you.
All sales are final and non-refundable.
- No Warranty; Disclaimers. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FROM TIME TO TIME THE SITE OR SERVICES MAY BE UNAVAILABLE DUE TO PLANNED MAINTENANCE OR UNANTICIPATED CIRCUMSTANCES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY CONTENT) IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SITE, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AGREED OTHERWISE IN ANOTHER WRITTEN AGREEMENT. WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR CONTENT OF SITE INFORMATION OR SERVICES, RESULTS OBTAINED AND ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DON’T ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO YOUR CLAIMS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR SERVICES OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES.
- Binding Arbitration; Waiver of Class Action. You and we agree that these Terms of Service affect interstate commerce and that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions. The only disputes excluded from this broad prohibition are the litigation of certain intellectual property and small court claims, as provided below.
Before taking any formal action to resolve a dispute with us, you agree to contact us at Lead in English, LLC, Port St. Lucie, FL 34953 and to provide your contact information and a brief, written description of the dispute. Except for intellectual property and small claims court claims, you and we agree to use our best efforts to settle any dispute directly through good faith negotiations as a pre-condition to initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
If the negotiations described in the prior paragraph are unavailing, either of us can bring a qualifying claim in small claims court in (a) Dallas, Texas, (b) the county in which you live, or (c) another qualified court upon which we mutually agree.
All disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the Site or Services that are not resolved by the procedures identified above will be resolved by individual (not group) binding arbitration to be conducted before JAMS in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Procedure Rules for claims that do not exceed $250,000 and the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures for claims exceeding $250,000 in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator's award will be written and will be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
You and we agree that the arbitration shall be conducted in the party’s respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above will be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties will be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 10, you or we may bring any claims respecting intellectual property rights in state or federal court with jurisdiction or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to protect intellectual property rights.
You have the right to opt out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to us at the address set forth above. The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of (a) the “Last updated” date of these Terms of Service as set forth above; or (b) your first date that you used the Services that contained any versions of the Terms of Service that included this mandatory arbitration and class action waiver provision, whichever is later. Otherwise you will be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of these paragraphs. If you opt out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ABOVE DISPUTE PROCEDURES WILL BE YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF THE SITE OR SERVICES AND THAT YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO LEAD OR PARTICIPATE IN A LAWSUIT INVOLVING OTHER PERSONS, SUCH AS A CLASS ACTION.
We may occasionally use your email address to provide you with information regarding our Services. You may terminate such notifications at any time by sending a request to [email protected].
- General Provisions.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- You may not assign these Terms of Service without our prior written consent, but we may assign or transfer these Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction.
- The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. We may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Site or Services.
- Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from an event beyond our reasonable control.